1. Can a PCC library with OCLC National Level Enhance authorization only for books designate bibliographic records of electronic resources as "pcc" (042=pcc)?
A PCC record may be contributed to OCLC for any electronic resource as long as the contributing library has National Level Enhance authorization for the format that has the most significant aspect for the resource being cataloged.
2. Where can I find information/documentation on the cataloging (including MARC 21 coding) of electronic resources?
Use AACR2 Chapter 9 and other chapters appropriate to the resource's significant aspect(s), LCRIs, the MARC 21 Format for Bibliographic Data, and other nationally accepted documentation.
In addition, catalogers can refer to:
- Provider-Neutral E-Monograph MARC Record Guide (PDF, 414KB)
- "Guidelines for Coding Electronic Resources in Leader/06" written by LC's Network Development and MARC Standards Office.
- "Cataloging Electronic Resources: OCLC-MARC Coding Guidelines"