As the Cooperative Serials Program of the PCC, CONSER is an authoritative source for bibliographic records, documentation, and training materials for serials cataloging. CONSER members work together in an atmosphere of collegiality and trust to promulgate standards related to serials and are a voice for serials in the library community.
Serials Cataloging Cooperative Training Program (SCCTP)
CONSER Program Documentation
- CONSER Standard Record (CSR) Documentation
- CONSER Cataloging Manual (CCM) Links to modules revised for RDA and links to earlier AACR2 based updates.
- CONSER Editing Guide (CEG)
CONSER and PCC Guidelines
- Copy Cataloging: Working with Existing Copy (Word, 45 KB)
- PCC Provider-Neutral E-Resource Guidelines, Serials and Other Formats
- Open Access Journal Project / FAQ, project participants, Planning Group report
- PCC guidelines for the 264 field (Word: 45 KB)
- CONSER webinars RDA Bridge Training Sessions, field 588, etc.
Publication Pattern & Holdings Information
The Publication Patterns Initiative promotes use of the MARC 21 Format for Holdings Data (MFHD) and provides many useful guides and tools for publication patterns and holdings work.
CONSER Contacts, webinars, and more.
- Contact members, representatives directories
- CONSER Webinars
- CONSRLST / how to subscribe to CONSER discussion list
- CONSER ISSN Interim Request Form [Excel, 11KB] : Use this form to request ISSN to U.S. titles for which you have already authenticated a record for CONSER.
Join CONSER: streamline your workflow & increase productivity | provide high quality bibliographic data meeting your users' needs | participate in standards development and influence cataloging policy and practices