This Project is the means by which more CJK name authority records will be added to the NAF, and thereby increase the number of bibliographical records that can be used with little or no local editing. It offers an opportunity to institutions with East Asian materials to participate collectively, ultimately providing better standardized access to these collections. Members may be individual institutions which may otherwise not meet expected NACO contribution levels. This Project also affords the Council on East Asian Libraries (CEAL)'s cataloging community a forum in which they can interact with LC and other PCC members. It provides a voice for expressing opinions about cataloging policy and standard issues.
To become a member please download the CJK NACO Application and follow instructions, faxing the completed form to the Funnel Coordinator.
Further information about the CJK NACO Project can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Membership/Liaisons in the CJK NACO Project
CJK-Associated Documentation and Announcements
- CJK NACO review guidelines
- Change in Practice for Spacing CJK Language Bibliographic Records
- Cataloging of Nonroman Script Materials at LC FAQ
- Non-Latin Script Data in Name Authority Records: General Information
- Announcement on non-Latin Characters in Name Authority Records
- Consult the Frequently Asked Questions page for further specific CJK name authority questions.
- Korean BFM on Revised Korean Romanization and Word Division Guidelines
- Implementation of Apostrophes in Japanese Romanized Cataloging and Proposed Revision of the ALA-LC Japanese Romanization Table
- Documents from CJK NACO References Webinars (November 2011 - March 2012)
CJK NACO Best Practices
For more information contact: