Guidelines and Standards
- RDA Guidelines and Standards (April 2013)
- PCC Authority and Bibliographic Guidelines and Standards
RDA Training Materials
- PCC RDA: Resource Description & Access Training Materials on the Catalogers Learning Workshop
- Freely available cataloging and metadata training materials.
- PCC RDA training page Links to PCC and LC RDA training materials
- RDA Record Examples
- RDA Series Bridge training
- RDA Training modules designed for new NACO Program members
- Recommended RDA training material
- Standing Committee on Training home page
Presentations, updates and newsALA Midwinter 2013 Presentations
- Authority Record Creation On Day One: What Catalogers Need To Know, Joanna Dyla (Stanford University Libraries) (PPTX)
- Modifying The LC/NACO File, Phase 2, Gary L. Strawn (Northwestern University Library) (PPT)
- PCC RDA BIBCO Standard Record (BSR) Metadata Application Profile, Christopher Cronin (University of Chicago) (PPTX)
- PCC RDA Post-Implementation Guidelines, Gene Dickerson (Ralph J. Bunche Library U.S. Dept. of State) (PPTX)
The Library of Congress has launched a review of the bibliographic framework to better accommodate future needs. A major focus of the initiative will be to determine a transition path for the MARC 21 exchange format in order to reap the benefits of newer technology while preserving a robust data exchange that has supported resource sharing and cataloging cost savings in recent decades.
RDA Resources for Library Directors
PCC Participants' Meeting Summary: US RDA Test Participant’s Panel Discussion [Word : 6 p. : 47 KB], ALA Midwinter—San Diego, CA, Jan. 9, 2011
Representatives from PCC institutions that participated in the RDA test describe their institutional philosophies in applying RDA, experiences with using the code to create metadata for a variety of resources, and offered opinions as to how RDA was received by librarians in their institutions.
RDA: A Library Service Organization's Perspective [PDF: 130 KB 12 p.]
Backstage Library Works, a professional library service organization based in Provo, Utah, participated in the US RDA Test. At the 2011 ALA Midwinter meeting in San Diego, California, Maritta Coppieters, Vice President for Bibliographic Services at Backstage Library Works, discussed the organization's involvement in the test. Coppieters starts with the assumptions at the outset of the test, and then contrasts the assumptions with the realities at the end of the test. Presentation Date: 01/07/2011.
RDA for Administrators [PDF: 637 KB 26 p.]
All RDA questions should be directed to [email protected].How can library administrators and managers make an informed decision on whether to transition from AACR2 to RDA? Chris Cronin, Director of Metadata and Cataloging Services at the University of Chicago Library, presented an ALCTS Webcast titled “RDA for Administrators” on October 13, 2010. The slides and notes from the presentation are included here.
Comments on PCC-related aspects of RDA implementation may be sent to: [email protected] with the words "PCC/RDA aspects" in the subject line.