To access our collections, the Library of Congress provides a network of reading rooms and research centers in three separate buildings on Capitol Hill as well as other satellite facilities. For researchers with disabilities, many types accommodation equipment are available through our Assistive Technology Demonstration Center. Because our materials are increasingly available in multiple formats (e.g. manuscripts, surrogate service paper copies, and electronic versions), please contact us in advance to determine a match between your research plans and your accessibility needs.
Before You Arrive
- Familiarize yourself with our facilities before your visit.
- Prepare a research strategy in advance of your visit.
- Plan time to obtain a reader registration card.
- Consider taking an orientation course offered by various reading rooms.
- Review basic accessibility services for visitors.
- Discuss and request accommodations in advance by contacting (202) 707-6362 or email@example.com.