Invitation: Users and Uses of Bibliographic Data
Past Meeting Resources for the Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control
Invitation to attend or to submit written testimony
Date: March 8, 2007, 8:30a.m. – 4:15p.m.
Location: Google Headquarters, 1500 Plymouth Street, Mountain View, CA 94043
All interested parties are welcome to attend. No prior registration required.
The first of three public meetings will focus on bibliographic data from a variety of perspectives. Specifically, the Working Group seeks input regarding:
- Who is using current bibliographic data and how are they using it?
- Are current bibliographic data meeting user needs?
- What changes or enhancements to bibliographic data are needed/recommended to better meet user needs?
- Karen Markey, Professor, School of Information, University of Michigan
- Timothy Burke, Associate Professor, Department of History, Swarthmore College
- Tony Hammond, New Technology, Nature Publishing Group
- Andrew Pace, Head, Information Technology, North Carolina State University Libraries
- Anurag Acharya, Principal Engineer, Google Scholar
- Bernie Hurley, Director for Library Technologies, Director of the Northern Regional Library Facility, The UC Berkeley Library
- Oren Beit-Arie, Chief Strategy Officer, Ex Libris Group
Submitting Written Testimony
The Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control wants to know the viewpoints of all parties interested in this topic. Even if you are unable to attend one of the three regional meetings, written testimony will be accepted by the Working Group until July 15th, 2007. Please clearly state the name, affiliation, and contact information of the individual or group submitting the written input. Those submitting testimony are welcome to attend the meetings and read the written statement into the record for the meeting, but that is not mandatory. All written testimony should be sent to:
Dr. José-Marie Griffiths
Dean and Professor
School of Information and Library Science
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
CB#3360, 100 Manning Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360