- Cataloging Tools, Documentation
- Catalogs, Authority Records
- Classification and Shelflisting
- Cooperative Cataloging Programs
- General, Descriptive Cataloging
- Products for Purchase
- Professional Activities
- Publications, Reports
- Subject & Genre/Form Headings
Receive an e-mail when a new issue of the Library of Congress Cataloging Newsline is available.
The Policy and Standards Division of the Library of Congress has approved a revision of Subject Headings Manual (SHM) H 1475, "Cooking and Cookbooks." A link to the revised text appears below. It will also be included in SHM Update Number 2 of 2010, which is scheduled to be distributed this fall. The updated version will appear in Cataloger’s Desktop at that time as well.
Access to the text of this instruction sheet is being provided here in advance of its actual publication because the subject headings in the area of cooking were changed on Weekly List 22 (2010), and these revised instructions go hand-in-hand with the revised headings. The approved weekly list is available at http://www.loc.gov/aba/cataloging/subject/weeklylists/
- Link to Subject Headings Manual H 1475, "Cooking and Cookbooks" (PDF - 5 p.; 42 KB)