- Cataloging Tools, Documentation
- Catalogs, Authority Records
- Classification and Shelflisting
- Cooperative Cataloging Programs
- General, Descriptive Cataloging
- Products for Purchase
- Professional Activities
- Publications, Reports
- Subject & Genre/Form Headings
Receive an e-mail when a new issue of the Library of Congress Cataloging Newsline is available.
Descriptive Cataloging Manual Section Z1 and
LC Guidelines Supplement to MARC 21 Format for Authority Data
The Policy and Standards Division has made available a comprehensive version of the Descriptive Cataloging Manual (DCM) Z1 (updated April 2013) and the LC Guidelines Supplement to the MARC 21 Format for Authortiy Data (updated April 2013) at the links below.
Note to NACO participants: DCM Z1 includes an appendix with instructions specific to Library of Congress staff that may be exluded when printing.