Cataloger's Desktop provides fingertip access electronically to
AACR2 and LC's most heavily used cataloging publications. With hypertext
links, a single click moves you from one tool to the relevant section
- Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules (AACR2)
- Library of Congress Rule Interpretations
- Subject Cataloging Manuals
- MARC 21 Formats
- Latest editions of all MARC code lists
list of resources
Bruce Johnson, Librarian and Cataloger's Desktop Development Team Leader: "Cataloger's
Desktop brings up-to-date cataloging documentation to your workstation with
a minimum of effort on your part ... and no looseleaf interfiling!"
Cataloger's Desktop is a revolutionary cataloging tool created by the Library of Congress.
Here's how it helps you control your time and work more efficiently.
- Helps you find relevant rules fast--with a variety of approaches.
- Locates data through a table of contents viewer ... through
boolean, keyword, phrase, and proximity searches ... or
from index references.
- Hypertext links make it easy to move from relevant sections
of one publication to another with a single keystroke.
- Allows you to customize your files to suit your needs
and create a personal file initialized by your password.
Includes personalized notes, bookmarks, highlighting, and
links. The notes can also be applied to each update of
the product without having to file new pages or manually
transfer important information.
- Copy-and-paste capability is available. Copy important
sections of Desktop manuals and insert them into
your own documents and references.
All this can be done without leaving your workstation--just
pull up the program on your personal computer while you
|"I'm pleased that when I want to look for something,
I know just where to look and I don't have to page
through all the books."
Jane M. Gillis
Catalog Librarian, Rare Book Team
Yale University Library