How to Send Electronic Funds (EFTs) to The Library of Congress
Please follow the instructions, depending on which of the two methods below your organization uses for electronic funds transfer (EFT). Customers outside the U.S. must use Method 2: FEDWIRE (and see notes in number 3 directly below).
Note: Immediately before submitting payment via EFT, please complete the following and send via email:
- Before sending funds electronically to the Library of Congress using either of the methods listed below, please inform the Library’s Disbursing Office by email to Melissa LaDieu at email@example.com as to the: 1) amount; 2) approximate date of receipt; and, 3) purpose of the funds. This will ensure that the funds will be properly identified upon receipt and credited to the proper organization within the Library of Congress.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the date you will submit payment via EFT. Please include:
- your name
- your address
- your telephone number
- your CDS account number if you have one
- your CDS voucher number
- the amount being transferred. (For transfers from outside the U.S. please include an additional $25 transfer fee.)
- the products for which you are paying.
- For Orders from Outside the U.S.
When you complete your bank's form to request a money transfer, please add the following information to the reference section of the form:
- your name
- your CDS account number. (Having a CDS account number prior to sending payment via EFT is mandatory. Contact CDS Customer Service if you do not have an account number.)
- sales order number or invoice number (if you have one).
- Note: If we cannot identify your order for EFT payment, the funds will be returned to your bank 15 business days from receipt.
Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.
For EFT questions contact:
Melissa LaDieu – email@example.com
Office: (202) 707-9726
Fax: (202) 707-2829
For product questions contact:
Office of Business Enterprises
Cataloging Distribution Service
Toll-free telephone in U.S.: 1-855-266-1884
Outside U.S.: +1-202-707-6100
METHOD 1: Automated Clearing House (ACH)
Use ACH only for domestic transfers to the Library of Congress.
|Receiving Financial Institution||Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond|
|Address||701 E. Byrd Street
Richmond, VA 23219
|Receiving ABA Number||051036706|
|Account Name||Library of Congress/CDS|
|Payment Related Information||ALC 00006192, CDS account number, voucher number, and product title|
METHOD 2: FEDWIRE
For domestic large payments and international transfers to the Library of Congress. FEDWIRE is required for transfers from outside the U.S. Transfers from outside the U.S. also require an additional $25 transfer fee. There is no IBAN number for transmission to the United States.
|Receiving Financial Institution||Treasury NYC|
|Address||33 Liberty Street
New York, NY 10045
|Receiving ABA Number||021030004|
|SWIFT Code||TREAS NYC|
|Information (BI)||Library of Congress|
|Payment Related Information||CDS account number, voucher number, and product(s) title(s)|