- ALA-LC Romanization Tables
- Tables compiled and edited by Randall K. Barry, Network Development and MARC Standards Office, Library of Congress
- Web-based subscription service
- Discontinued print publication.
Available in Cataloger's Desktop. See http://www.loc.gov/cds/desktop/
The definitive transliteration guide for anyone who transliterates words, names, titles, or text from a non-Roman script into the Roman script. Includes transliteration tables for more than 145 languages and dialects written in non-Roman scripts.
- Included in Cataloger's Desktop
- Related links:
Introduction to Cataloging Resources, Manuals and Training Tools
More than 300 of the most important cataloging and metadata resources are available in Cataloger's Desktop (http://www.loc.gov/cds/desktop)-- our web-based subscription service used by Library of Congress staff and catalogers throughout the U.S. and all over the world.