- Complete Service (database)
- Computer file
- The Library of Congress's entire bibliographic resource conveniently packaged! The Complete Service gives you all of the MARC records contained in the Books All (including Books English and Books U.S.), Maps, Music, Serials, Visual Materials, and Computer Files services. Records are available as separate files. All components of the Complete Service are also available as separate services, as described below. Available in MARC 21 format and MARCXML.
Documentation Provided With This MDS Service:
* MARC 21 Format for Bibliographic Data
* MARC Code List for Countries
* MARC Code List for Languages
* MARC Code List for Geographic Areas
* MARC Code List for Organizations
* MARC Code List for Relators, Sources, and Description Conventions
* MARC 21 Specifications for Records Structure, Character Sets, and Exchange Media
Check the latest Technical Notices for MDS services.
2013 Subscription: Books, serials, computer files, maps, music, and visual materials available weekly. Approximately 1,000,000 records; including 318,000 new records.
2013 Price (with Weekly Books All): $19,155
2013 Price (with Daily Books All): $21,905
Retrospective: 1968-2012. 12,201,600 records. File size: 11,412 MB. Avg. record length: 935 bytes.
2013 price: $27,750
Introduction to MARC Distribution Services (databases)
Library of Congress cataloging records are available via FTP (File Transfer Protocol) delivery. Records are for materials in hundreds of languages, including non-roman alphabets in original scripts. MDS provides national level cataloging for almost all English-language imprints.