- Maps (database)
- Computer file
- A subset of MDS--Complete and also available separately
MARC records for all single and multi-sheet maps, map sets, and maps treated as serials. Available in MARC 21 and MARCXML formats.
Documentation Provided with This MDS Service:
* MARC 21 Format for Bibliographic Data
* MARC Code List for Countries
* MARC Code List for Languages
* MARC Code List for Geographic Areas
* MARC Code List for Organizations
* MARC Code List for Relators, Sources, and Description Conventions
* MARC 21 Specifications for Record Structure, Character Sets, and Exchange Media
Check the latest Technical Notices for MDS services.
2013 Subscription: Available weekly. Approximately 25,000 records; including 6,000 new records.
2013 Price: $1,170
Retrospective: 1973-2012. 297,000 records. File size: 333 MB. Avg. record length: 1,121 bytes.
2013 Price: $1,335
Introduction to MARC Distribution Services (databases)
Library of Congress cataloging records are available via FTP (File Transfer Protocol) delivery. Records are for materials in hundreds of languages, including non-roman alphabets in original scripts. MDS provides national level cataloging for almost all English-language imprints.