- Books All (database)
- Computer file
- A subset service of MDS--Complete and also available separately.
The Library of Congress's entire MARC database for book cataloging. Features catalog records for monographs written in nearly all the world's languages and published anywhere. Includes Cataloging in Publication (CIP) records and minimal level cataloging records.
Includes a subset of the older REMARC records known as the "OCLC Replacement Records" (see http://www.loc.gov/cds/notices/premarc.html for a fuller description of these records).
Records include materials in the following languages (with the beginning dates indicated):
* 1968: English
* 1973: French
* 1975: German, Portuguese, Spanish
* 1976-1977: All remaining records for languages written in roman alphabets
* 1979: Romanized South Asian languages and Cyrillic alphabet languages
* 1980: Romanized Greek
* 1983-1985: Romanized Chinese, Japanese, Korean
* 1983-1989: Romanized Hebrew, Yiddish
* 1983-1990 Romanized Arabic and Persian
Check the latest Technical Notices for MDS services.
2014 Subscription: Available weekly. Books All includes all records contained in the Books English and Books U.S. services. Approximately 1,000,000 records; including 235,000 new records. Available in MARC 21 and MARCXML formats.
2014 Price (with Weekly Books All): $13,925
2014 Price (with Daily Books All): $16,675
Retrospective: 1968-2013. 10,104,000 records. File size: 9,262 MB. Avg. record length: 917 bytes.
2014 price: $20,430
Introduction to MARC Distribution Services (databases)
Library of Congress cataloging records are available via FTP (File Transfer Protocol) delivery. Records are for materials in hundreds of languages, including non-roman alphabets in original scripts. MDS provides national level cataloging for almost all English-language imprints.