- MARC 21 Format for Bibliographic Data: Including Guidelines for Content Designation
- Network Development and MARC Standards Office, Library of Congress
- Web-based subscription service
- Discontinued print publication.
Available in Cataloger's Desktop. See http://www.loc.gov/cds/desktop/
Here is the standard for representing and exchanging bibliographic data in machine-readable form. Specifies the structure of the MARC bibliographic record, defines the codes and conventions that identify data elements in MARC bibliographic records, describes in detail the use of each content designator, and provides input conventions for each content designator.
- Included in Cataloger's Desktop
- Related links:
Introduction to MARC Documentation
Machine-Readable Cataloging (MARC) is the standard in library automation. Available in Cataloger's Desktop (http://www.loc.gov/cds/desktop).