- Name Authorities (database)
- Computer file
- MARC records for personal, corporate, conference, and geographical name headings, uniform titles, and series established by LC and cooperating libraries under the National Coordinated Cataloging Operations (NACO) program. Available in MARC 21 and MARCXML formats.
Documentation Provided with This MDS Service:
* MARC 21 Format for Authority Data
* MARC 21 Specifications for Record Structure, Character Sets, and Exchange Media
* MARC 21 Code List for Geographic Areas
* MARC 21 Code List for Relators, Sources, and Description Conventions
Check the latest Technical Notices for MDS services.
2013 Subscription: Available weekly. Approximately 900,000 records; including 300,000 new records.
2013 Price: $10,565
Retrospective: 1977-2012. 8,607,000 records. File size: 4,561 MB. Avg. record length: 530 bytes.
2013 Price: $10,675
Introduction to MARC Distribution Services (databases)
Library of Congress cataloging records are available via FTP (File Transfer Protocol) delivery. Records are for materials in hundreds of languages, including non-roman alphabets in original scripts. MDS provides national level cataloging for almost all English-language imprints.