- Serials (database)
- Computer file
- A subset of MDS--Complete and also available separately.
MARC 21 records for CONSER serials either cataloged or processed by LC or by CONSER (Cooperative Online Serials Program) participants. Also includes records with ISSN assignments and U.S. Newspaper Program cataloging. Records include all languages. Available in MARC 21 and MARCXML formats.
Documentation Provided with This MDS Service:
* MARC 21 Format for Bibliographic Data
* MARC Code List for Countries
* MARC Code List for Languages
* MARC Code List for Geographic Areas
* MARC Code List for Organizations
* MARC Code List for Relators, Sources, and Description Conventions
* MARC 21 Specifications for Record Structure, Character Sets, and Exchange Media
Check the latest Technical Notices for MDS services.
2013 Subscription: Available weekly. Approximately 170,000 records; including 25,000 new records.
2013 Price: $4,740
Retrospective: 1973-2012. 1,274,000 records. File size: 1,451 MB. Avg. record length: 1,138 bytes.
2013 Price: $6,050
Introduction to MARC Distribution Services (databases)
Library of Congress cataloging records are available via FTP (File Transfer Protocol) delivery. Records are for materials in hundreds of languages, including non-roman alphabets in original scripts. MDS provides national level cataloging for almost all English-language imprints.