Collection Tending the Commons: Folklife and Landscape in Southern West Virginia
- Ginseng laid out to air dry.
- Ramp bottoms, in the summer after the leaves have dried.
- Morning mist rising from the coves.
- Richard C. Hutchens at the Upper Big Branch Mine
- Aerial view of Coal River Valley, following Route 3.
- The confluence of Peachtree Creek and Drews Creek.
- Aerial view of Mountaintop Removal, approaching Racine.
- Ray Dickens, Jr. (Left), Kimberly Dickens, and Jeffrey Honaker ...
- Woody Boggs's ramp patch.
- Frying potatoes for the 1995 Ramp Supper on Drews Creek.
- Ray Cottrell and Randy Sprouse (in hat) seine for hellgrammites ...
- Vivian Jarrell's canned goods, produced from her garden, ...
- Mae Bongalis strings beans for drying. The dried beans are ...
- Coal cleaning plant as viewed from the sludge dam. The pond is ...
- Mary Hufford interviewing Everett Lilly.
- Joe Williams digging a ginseng root with his "seng" hoe. The ...
Results 1 - 1 of 1
Refined by:Sites and Collection: Tending the Commons: Folklife and Landscape in Southern West Virginia Remove Contributor: Eiler, Lyntha Scott Remove Location: Naoma Remove Contributor: Ferguson, Joey Remove
Workers for the Rifle Construction Company, from West Liberty, KY, having breakfast at the Back Porch Restaurant
- Contributor: Ferguson, Joey - Willis, Kathy - Howard, Donal - Potter, Cletis - Helton, George "Snuffy - Guett, Wade "Gorgeous - Helton, Richard "Shaky - Eiler, Lyntha Scott
- Original Format: Photos, Prints, Drawings
- Date: 1996-02-01