- Ginseng laid out to air dry.
- Ramp bottoms, in the summer after the leaves have dried.
- Morning mist rising from the coves.
- Richard C. Hutchens at the Upper Big Branch Mine
- Aerial view of Coal River Valley, following Route 3.
- The confluence of Peachtree Creek and Drews Creek.
- Aerial view of Mountaintop Removal, approaching Racine.
- Ray Dickens, Jr. (Left), Kimberly Dickens, and Jeffrey Honaker ...
- Woody Boggs's ramp patch.
- Frying potatoes for the 1995 Ramp Supper on Drews Creek.
- Ray Cottrell and Randy Sprouse (in hat) seine for hellgrammites ...
- Vivian Jarrell's canned goods, produced from her garden, ...
- Mae Bongalis strings beans for drying. The dried beans are ...
- Coal cleaning plant as viewed from the sludge dam. The pond is ...
- Mary Hufford interviewing Everett Lilly.
- Joe Williams digging a ginseng root with his "seng" hoe. The ...
Results 1 - 1 of 1
Refined by:Sites and Collection: Tending the Commons: Folklife and Landscape in Southern West Virginia Remove Location: Rock Creek Remove Subject: Spring Remove Location: Rorrer Cemetery Remove
John Flynn's tombstone, bearing the epitaph he requested: "God rest his soul, he was a tootsie roll, but he's a dead cat just the same"
- Contributor: Eiler, Terry
- Original Format: Photos, Prints, Drawings
- Date: 1996-05-01