Collection Tending the Commons: Folklife and Landscape in Southern West Virginia
- Ginseng laid out to air dry.
- Ramp bottoms, in the summer after the leaves have dried.
- Morning mist rising from the coves.
- Richard C. Hutchens at the Upper Big Branch Mine
- Aerial view of Coal River Valley, following Route 3.
- The confluence of Peachtree Creek and Drews Creek.
- Aerial view of Mountaintop Removal, approaching Racine.
- Ray Dickens, Jr. (Left), Kimberly Dickens, and Jeffrey Honaker ...
- Woody Boggs's ramp patch.
- Frying potatoes for the 1995 Ramp Supper on Drews Creek.
- Ray Cottrell and Randy Sprouse (in hat) seine for hellgrammites ...
- Vivian Jarrell's canned goods, produced from her garden, ...
- Mae Bongalis strings beans for drying. The dried beans are ...
- Coal cleaning plant as viewed from the sludge dam. The pond is ...
- Mary Hufford interviewing Everett Lilly.
- Joe Williams digging a ginseng root with his "seng" hoe. The ...
Results: 1-1 of 1
Refined by:Sites and Collection: Tending the Commons: Folklife and Landscape in Southern West Virginia Remove Subject: Seng Hoes Remove Location: Bradley Mountain Remove Contributor: Martin, James Remove
Woody Boggs (right) and James Martin in front of a hollowed chestnut stump. Woody is holding a 'seng hoe.
- Contributor: Boggs, Woody - Martin, James - Hufford, Mary
- Original Format: Photos, Prints, Drawings
- Date: 1996-06-28