Collection Frederick Douglass Papers at the Library of CongressShow Featured Items
1818 Born Frederick Augustus Washington Bailey, a slave, in Tuckahoe, Talbot County, Maryland. Mother is a slave, Harriet Bailey, and father is a white man, rumored to be his master, Aaron Anthony. ...
- Original Format: Web Pages
- Date: 1818
The Frederick Douglass Papers at the Library of Congress presents the papers of the nineteenth-century African American abolitionist who escaped from slavery and then risked his freedom by becoming an outspoken antislavery ...
- Contributor: Douglass, Frederick
- Original Format: Web Pages - Manuscripts/Mixed Material
- Date: 1900
- Finding Aid for the Frederick Douglass Papers
- Frederick Douglass Papers Project, Indiana University and Purdue University
- From Slavery to Freedom: The African-American Pamphlet Collection, 1822-1909. Washington, D.C. American Memory Project, Library of Congress, 2000.
- Frederick Douglass National Historic Site
- Manuscript Reading Room