Collection The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America
- Over There, 1917
- Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis, by Billy Murray
- Mexican American Song
- Lincoln funeral march
- Aaron Copland's 'The Boatman's Dance' manuscript sketches
- Stephen Foster's 'Jeanie with the light brown hair'
- John Lomax
- That Baseball Rag, Arthur Collins
- James 'Super Chikan' Johnson (Blues / slide guitar and 'gijo'/ ...
- Robert Winslow Gordon
- The Mugwumps Met Him On The Way
- Sreevidhya Chandramouli (Vina music and songs in Sanscrit from ...
Results: 1-1 of 1
Sacred music has been a vibrant part of American culture from the earliest sacred oral traditions of indigenous peoples through the written traditions of the first European colonists. With the settlement of the Plymouth, Massachusetts colony in 1620, sacred music played an important role in helping to define the cultural identity of the region of the New World that would become the United States. ...
Refine your search
Sites and Collections
- Song of America project 2009
- Collections with Notated Music
- Collections with Books
- Library of Congress Catalog
- Collections with Audio
- Collections with Photos
- Collections with Manuscripts
- Performing Arts Reading Room
- American Folklife Center
- Recorded Sound Reference Center
- Rare Book & Special Collections Reading Room