Collection Poet at Work: Recovered Notebooks from the Thomas Biggs Harned Walt Whitman Collection
- 'Earliest' notebook #80, 1847-: Cover
- First trial lines of 'Leaves of Grass' circa 1854 (notebook #80,...
- Perceptions or Senses: Wounds of the heart (notebook #86, p.10)
- Passions of life (notebook #86, p.12)
- 1862 Notebook: Whitman notes Civil War woundeds' wishes ...
- 'He came home safe' (notebook #94, p.26)
- Notes on Dante (notebook #94, p.187)
- The Soul (notebook #94, p.200)
- Hospital Notebook: After the battle at White Oaks Church ...
- At Antietam (notebook #101, p.12)
- Whitman's Butterfly LC #220
Results 1 - 1 of 1
Refined by:Sites and Collection: Poet at Work: Recovered Notebooks from the Thomas Biggs Harned Walt Whitman Collection Remove Location: Washington D.C. Remove Subject: United States Federal Bureau of Investigation Remove
Missing Whitman Notebooks Found in New York -- Poet at Work: Recovered Notebooks from the Thomas ...
Four of Walt Whitman's early notebooks containing fragments and revisions of the poem "Song of Myself," as well as notes of wounded Civil War soldiers' needs, are being returned to the custody ...
- Date: 1944