Collection Poet at Work: Recovered Notebooks from the Thomas Biggs Harned Walt Whitman Collection
- 'Earliest' notebook #80, 1847-: Cover
- First trial lines of 'Leaves of Grass' circa 1854 (notebook #80,...
- Perceptions or Senses: Wounds of the heart (notebook #86, p.10)
- Passions of life (notebook #86, p.12)
- 1862 Notebook: Whitman notes Civil War woundeds' wishes ...
- 'He came home safe' (notebook #94, p.26)
- Notes on Dante (notebook #94, p.187)
- The Soul (notebook #94, p.200)
- Hospital Notebook: After the battle at White Oaks Church ...
- At Antietam (notebook #101, p.12)
- Whitman's Butterfly LC #220
Results: 1-1 of 1
Refined by:Sites and Collection: Poet at Work: Recovered Notebooks from the Thomas Biggs Harned Walt Whitman Collection Remove Online Format: Web Pages Remove Subject: Archives Remove Subject: Sotheby's Remove
Missing Whitman Notebooks Found in New York - Poet at Work: Recovered Notebooks from the Thomas Biggs Harned Walt Whitman Collection - Collections
Four of Walt Whitman's early notebooks containing fragments and revisions of the poem "Song of Myself," as well as notes of wounded Civil War soldiers' needs, are being returned to the custody of the Library, some 50 years after they mysteriously disappeared from LC's manuscript collections. The notebooks, together with a cardboard butterfly photographed on the 19th-century poet's finger, came to light last month ...
- Date: 1944
Refine your search
Sites and Collections
- Thomas Biggs Harned / Walt Whitman Finding Aid
- Charles E. Feinberg/Walt Whitman Collection Finding Aid
- Walt Whitman Papers Miscellany Collection Finding aid
- LC 2005 Whitman exhibit
- 2005 Symposium, Whitman and Place
- Catalog of Whitman Collections in Library of Congress, 1955
- Collections with Manuscripts
- Manuscript Reading Room