Art Education Standards [PDF/486k]
- Content Standard 3: All students will analyze, describe and evaluate works of art.
- Content Standard 4: All students will understand, analyze, and describe the arts in their historical, social, and cultural contexts.
- Content Standard 5: All students will recognize, analyze, and describe connections among the arts; between the arts and other disciplines; between the arts and everyday life.
Social Studies Standards [PDF/605k]
- Strand I. Historical Perspective. Students use knowledge of the past to construct meaningful understanding of our diverse cultural heritage and to inform their civic judgments.
- Strand V. Inquiry. Students will use methods of social science investigation to answer questions about society.
- Content Standard 3: All students will reconstruct the past by comparing interpretations written by others from a variety of perspectives and creating narratives from evidence. (Analyzing and interpreting the past.)
Language Arts Standards [PDF/3.03Mb]
- Standard 5: All students will read and analyze a wide variety of classic and contemporary literature and other texts to seek information, ideas, enjoyment, and understanding of their individuality, our common heritage and common humanity, and the rich diversity of our society.
- Standard 9: All students will demonstrate understanding of the complexity of enduring issues and recurring problems by making connections and generating themes within and across texts.
- Standard 10: All students will apply knowledge, ideas, and issues drawn from texts to their lives and the lives of others.