The Library of Congress and The Smithsonian Associates Program
October 15–December 3, 1998
In conjunction with the Smithsonian Associates, the Library of Congress is hosting a series of lectures entitled "The Changing Self: From Sigmund Freud to Serotonin." Speakers include:
- October 15: Michael Roth, associate director of the Getty Research Institute for the History of Art and the Humanities and curator of Sigmund Freud: Conflict and Culture.
- October 22: Sherry Turkle, professor of the sociology of science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- October 29: Jonathan Lear, John U. Nef distinguished service professor at the University of Chicago
- November 5: Peter Kramer, professor of psychiatry at Brown University
- November 12: Richard Restak, professor of neurology at George Washington University School of Medicine
- December 3: Kenneth Gergen, professor of psychology at Swarthmore College
Advance purchase of the course package is required. For more information please call (202)357-3030.