Read More About It
- Allen, John Logan. Lewis and Clark and the Image of the American Northwest. New York: Dover Publications, 1991 [Rev. ed.].
- Allen, John Logan, ed. North American Exploration. [3 vols., A New World Disclosed, A Continent Defined, A Continent Comprehended]. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1997.
- Benson, Guy Meriwether. Lewis and Clark, The Maps of Exploration 1507-1814. Charlottesville: University of Virginia Library, 2000.
- Cohen, Paul, ed. Mapping the West. New York: Rizzoli International Publications, 2002.
- Cutright, Paul. Lewis and Clark: Pioneering Naturalists. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1989.
- Gilman, Carolyn. Lewis and Clark--Across the Divide. Washington, D.C. Smithsonian Books, 2003.
- Goetzmann, William. Army Exploration in the American West, 1803-1863. Austin: Texas State Historical Society Association, 1991 [Rev. ed.].
- Goetzmann, William. Exploration and Empire. New York: Norton, 1978 [Rev. ed.].
- Goetzmann, William. New Lands, New Men. New York: Norton, 1978 [Rev. ed.].
- Luebke, Frederick C. and Frances W. Kaye and Gary E. Moulton, eds. Mapping the North American Plains, Essays in the History of Cartography. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press with the Center for Great Plains Studies, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 1987.
- Moulton, Gary E., ed. Atlas of the Lewis and Clark Expeditions. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1983.
- Moulton, Gary E., ed. The Lewis and Clark Journals: An American Epic of Discovery: the Abridgement of the Definitive Nebraska Edition. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2003.
- Reveal, James L. Gentle Conquest, the Botanical Discovery of North America with Illustrations from the Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.: Starwood Publishing, Inc., 1992.
- Ronda, James P. Finding the West, Explorations with Lewis and Clark. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press, 2001.
- Ronda, James P. Lewis and Clark Among the Indians. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1984.
- Ronda, James P. Revealing America: Image and Imagination in the Exploration of North America. Lexington, MA: D.C. Heath and Company, 1996.
- Schwartz, Seymour I. and Ralph E. Ehrenberg. The Mapping of America. New York: Harry N. Abrams, Inc., Publishers, 1980.
- Wheat, Carl I. Mapping the Transmississippi West, 1540-1861. 5 vols. in 6. San Francisco: Institute of Historical Cartography, 1957-1963.
You can continue to enjoy the richness of the Library's collections by going to these suggested links that will be of special interest to kids and families!