A Day Like No Other: Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington
Other Online Resources
- Brown v. Board of Education (Library of Congress Bibliography) March 17, 2004 marked the fiftieth anniversary of the 1955 Supreme Court decision to end segregation in public schools. View selected digitized historical information that enhances classroom research.
- Children of Struggle (Library of Congress Live) Use this Learning Guide to help students learn about the Civil Rights Movement through the stories of Ruby Bridges, Claudette Colvin and Ernest Green.
- Civil Rights Era in the U.S.News and World Report Photographs Collection (Prints and Photographs) View a selection of civil rights era images.
- Civil Rights Resource Guide (Library of Congress Bibliography) This guide compiles links to civil rights resources throughout the Library of Congress Web site and beyond.
- From Slavery to Civil Rights (Online Activity) Use this interactive timeline-based activity to introduce the topic of African-American history through primary sources.
- Sources for Images on African American History (Prints and Photographs) Helpful reference aids linking to images relating to the history of blacks in America from the slavery period through the civil rights era.