- (22)[…edges of your field, or] gather [the gleanings of your harvest; you shall leave them for the poor and the stranger; I the LO]RD [am]
- your God.
- (23)The LORD spoke to Moses saying: (24)Speak to the Israelite people thus: In the seventh month
- on the first day of the month, you shall observe complete rest, a sacred occasion commemorated with load blasts.
- (25)You shall not work at your occupations; and you shall bring an offering by fire to the LORD.
- (26)The LORD spoke to Moses saying: (27)Mark, the tenth day of this seventh month is the Day
- of Atonement. It shall be a sacred occasion for you: you shall practice self-denial, and you shall bring an offering
- by fire to the LORD; (28)you shall do no work throughout that day. For
- [it is a Day of Atonement on which] expiation is made on your behalf [before the LO]RD your God. (29)Indeed, any person who
Translation from "Tanakh," p. 192. Philadelphia, 1985.