Learn More About It
The following resources provide additional information about the Swann Foundation for Caricature and Cartoon and cartoon-related projects.
Major Cartoon Collections Preserved at the Library
- American Cartoon Prints
- British Cartoon Prints
- Cabinet of American Illustration
- Cartoon Drawings
- Cartoon Drawings: Herblock Collection
- Caroline and Erwin Swann Collection of Caricature and Cartoon
- The Art Wood Collection of Caricature and Cartoon
For access to all collections available through the Prints & Photographs Division, see http://www.loc.gov/pictures
Related Library of Congress Exhibitions
- Canadian Counterpoint: Illustrations by Anita Kunz
- Cartoon America
- Humor's Edge: Cartoons by Ann Telnaes
- Life of the People: Realist Prints and Drawings from the Ben and Beatrice Goldstein Collection, 1912-1948
- Monstrous Craws and Character Flaws: Masterpieces of Cartoon and Caricature at the Library of Congress
- Stagestruck: Performing Arts Caricatures at the Library of Congress
For more exhibitions supported by the Swann Foundation, see http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/swann/swann-exhibits.html
Books and Articles
- Katz, Harry, ed. Cartoon America: Comic Art in the Library of Congress. New York: Harry N. Abrams, Inc. in association with the Library of Congress, 2006.
- Katz, Harry and Sara W. Duke. Cartoon-Related Research at the Library of Congress. http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/swann/cartoon_research.html
- Johnson, Haynes. Herblock: The Life and Work of the Great Political Cartoonist. Harry Katz, ed. New York and London: Herb Block Foundation and Library of Congress in association with W.W. Norton and Company, 2009.
- Oliphant, Pat. Oliphant's Anthem. St. Louis, Missouri: Andrews McMeel Publishing, 1998.
- Telnaes, Ann, Harry Katz, and Martha Kennedy. Humor's Edge: Cartoons by Ann Telnaes. San Francisco: Pomegranate in association with the Library of Congress, 2004.