Office of Workforce Performance and Development
The Office of Workforce Performance and Development (WPD) facilitate high performance through workforce performance management and manages Library-wide learning and development initiatives and programs.
- The Library has released an updated version of the online required course "Records Management Basic Awareness 2018." All staff, as well as contractors and volunteers who handle Library records, are required to take the course by September 14, 2018.
- The Library has released an updated version of the online required course "Information Security Awareness 2018." All staff, as well as contractors and volunteers who have access to Library of Congress computers or other information technology (IT) systems, are required to take the course by September 14, 2018.
- Microsoft Office 2016 training is available through LOC SkillPort,This includes videos, courses, and books about Office 2016 Fundamentals. NOTE: Not all features mentioned in the videos, courses and books are enabled at the Library due to security constraints (e.g. real-time authoring and cloud-based services like OneDrive).
OCIO is hosting one-hour training sessions in LM-516A on:
· Tuesday, June 19th - 11:30 a.m.
· Tuesday, June 26th - 11:30 a.m.
- Upcoming Required Courses for Managers and Supervisors:
Planning and Appraising Performance - July 25- 26, 2018
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Conflict Resolution - July 30-31, 2018
Dealing with Performance Problems - August 21, 2018
Tools for Dealing with Conduct Problems - August 23, 2018
Labor Relations - September 6, 2018
Most Requested Resources
In partnership with Library units, the OCOO’s mission is to provide efficient and effective infrastructure services that support all aspects of the Library’s mission.
Achieve best practices and optimize support of Library requirements through methodical operations, continuous improvement, and innovation.
The Center for Learning and Development
Consists of LOC SkillPort and the Online Learning Center which provide training resources that develop Library-wide competencies.
Online Learning Center (OLC)
Need a quiet place to take an online course? Our computer lab is open daily from 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. in LM-654.