Office of Workforce Learning and Development
The Office of Workforce Learning and Development (WLD) fosters a culture of high performance by providing Library-wide training services and workforce development programs.
- The Library has released a new online required course “Performance Management for Employees.” All Library employees, except those in temporary positions (appointments of less than one year), are required to take this course by June 30, 2017. The WPM website contains FAQs about the course.
- The "2017 Information Security Awareness course" is now available on LOC SkillPort. All Library of Congress employees, contractors and volunteers who have access to Library information technology systems are required to take this course by September 15, 2017.
- The Library has released two new courses about telework for employees and supervisors:
Telework Basics for Supervisors is designed to teach Library managers and supervisors how to implement a successful staff telework program by selecting qualified employees and managing their telework activities.
Telework Basics for Employees is designed to teach Library employees who wish to telework their responsibilities and qualifications for participating in telework.
- In support of the Phased Retirement program, the Knowledge Transfer Working Group has developed a website with knowledge transfer resources. Click here to view the resources.
- Upcoming Required Courses for Managers and Supervisors:
Dealing with Performance Problems - June 6, 2017
Dealing with Conduct Problems - June 7, 2017
Labor Relations - June 13, 2017
Planning and Appraising Performance - June 21- 22, 2017
Most Requested Resources
In partnership with Library units, the OCOO’s mission is to provide efficient and effective infrastructure services that support all aspects of the Library’s mission.
Achieve best practices and optimize support of Library requirements through methodical operations, continuous improvement, and innovation.
The Center for Learning and Development
Consists of LOC SkillPort and the Online Learning Center which provide training resources that develop Library-wide competencies.
Online Learning Center (OLC)
Need a quiet place to take an online course? Our computer lab is open daily from 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. in LM-654.