Office of Workforce Learning and Development
The Office of Workforce Learning and Development (WLD) fosters a culture of high performance by providing Library-wide training services and workforce development programs.
- The Library has released a new online required course “LC Emergency Preparedness.” All Library employees assigned to Capitol Hill facilities are required to take this course by March 30, 2018.
- Career Development Program (CDP) is now accepting applications through November 30, 2017.
Applications will be received from October 2 through November 30, 2017. Click here to find out more about this professional development opportunity.
- The Library has released two new courses about telework for employees and supervisors:
Telework Basics for Supervisors is designed to teach Library managers and supervisors how to implement a successful staff telework program by selecting qualified employees and managing their telework activities.
Telework Basics for Employees is designed to teach Library employees who wish to telework their responsibilities and qualifications for participating in telework.
- In support of the Phased Retirement program, the Knowledge Transfer Working Group has developed a website with knowledge transfer resources. Click here to view the resources.
- Upcoming Required Courses for Managers and Supervisors:
Planning and Appraising Performance - January 10- 11, 2018
Most Requested Resources
In partnership with Library units, the OCOO’s mission is to provide efficient and effective infrastructure services that support all aspects of the Library’s mission.
Achieve best practices and optimize support of Library requirements through methodical operations, continuous improvement, and innovation.
The Center for Learning and Development
Consists of LOC SkillPort and the Online Learning Center which provide training resources that develop Library-wide competencies.
Online Learning Center (OLC)
Need a quiet place to take an online course? Our computer lab is open daily from 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. in LM-654.