Format Films, Videos
- Katherine Dunham on the use of the foot in Dunham Technique
- Move on
- Demonstrating Braiding
- A trip down Market Street before the fire
- Leonard-Cushing fight
- The enchanted drawing
- Great conversations: the virtuosos Segment 04)
- The dinosaur and the missing link, a prehistoric tragedy
- Dorie and Joyce Ladner
- Carving the Meat
- Bringing in Mother Cows
- Dunham Technique: Yonvalou
- Great conversations: the conductors: Zubin Mehta (Segment 12)
- Haiti Fieldwork, 1936
- Courtland Cox
- Welding the big ring
- American Beauty Rag / Joseph F. (Joseph Francis) Lamb
- A trip around the Pan-American Exposition
- Great conversations: the conductors: Mstislav Rostropovich ...
- President McKinley reviewing the troops at the Pan-American ...
- Panoramic view of the Golden Gate
- Wreck of the battleship "Maine"
- Country Club / Scott Joplin
- What was in Lincoln's pockets?
- A Legend is Born
- Froglegs Rag / James Scott
- Colonel Roosevelt is invited to fly in Arch Hoxsey's plane at ...
- Carved Leather Cantle and Leather Punches
Results: 1-1 of 1
Balla Kouyate is a griot and virtuoso player of the balaphon. Considered the predecessor of the xylophone and the first Mande instrument, the balafon is made up of wood slats of varying lengths. The slats are secured over two rows of calabash gourds, which serve as natural amplifiers. Each gourd is punctured with small holes over which Balla places thin plastic tape. The vibrating ...
- Contributor: Kouyate, Balla - Kouyaté, Balla - World Vision (Musical Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Original Format: Film, Video - Manuscripts/Mixed Material - Collection
- Date: 2010-04-28