Format Films, Videos
- Great conversations: the virtuosos Segment 04)
- Colonel Roosevelt is invited to fly in Arch Hoxsey's plane at ...
- Buckaroo Breakfast at Chuck Wagon
- Branding Costume
- Coil winding machines, Westinghouse works
- Bringing in Mother Cows
- The Book That Changed the World
- Doing Fieldwork
- Ruby Sales
- What was in Lincoln's pockets?
- Panorama of Machine Co. aisle, Westinghouse works
- Wreck of the battleship "Maine"
- Two Brothers and a Dream
- Chicken chowder / Irene Giblin
- Westinghouse Air Brake Co. Westinghouse Co. works (casting ...
- Dunham Technique: Rocking horse
- Pan-American Exposition by night
- Tourists going round Yellowstone Park
- Pack mules with ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba
- Junius Williams
- Roosevelt's Rough Riders
- Dorie and Joyce Ladner
- Chicago-Michigan football game
- Uncle Josh at the moving picture show
- Carved Leather Cantle and Leather Punches
- The skyscrapers of New York
- Execution of Czolgosz, with panorama of Auburn Prison
- Great conversations: the conductors: Mstislav Rostropovich ...
Results: 1-1 of 1
Refined by:Original Format: Film, Video Remove Date: 2000-2099 Remove Subject: History Remove Location: France Remove
Since the mid-20th century, a variety of social, economic and political factors have affected the cultural practices and conceptions of identity on the Mediterranean island of Corsica. Linguistic anthropologist Alexandra Jaffe discusses the Corsican language and Corsican expressive culture. She addresses both the island's shift towards the French language and the Corsican language revitalization movement that began in the early 1970s. Drawing on ethnographic ...
- Contributor: Jaffe, Alexandra - Jaffe, Alexandra M. (Alexandra Mystra) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Original Format: Film, Video - Manuscripts/Mixed Material - Collection
- Date: 2014-12-02