ARTICLE V. FLICC EXECUTIVE BOARD (FEB)
- Chair of FLICC who will also serve as the Chair of FEB,
- Six persons elected by the voting members of FLICC for appointment by the Chair (see Section 2),
- Three persons selected by the Chair for appointment to the FEB,
- Chair of FAC (see Article XI, Section 1), and
FEB members must be federal employees.
Section 2. ELECTED MEMBERSHIP. Six members are elected by the voting FLICC membership for appointment by the FEB Chair. These members shall serve staggered terms of three (3) years each, with two persons being elected each year. Elected FEB members are eligible for reelection limited to two consecutive terms. Candidates for the FEB election are chosen by FLICC members from its own membership. Elections are conducted by mail, and may provide alternative options for returning ballots.
Section 3. APPOINTED MEMBERSHIP. The Chair of FEB shall appoint three members to serve on the FEB for a term of three years. Appointed FEB members are eligible for reappointment limited to two consecutive terms.
Section 4. EX-OFFICIO MEMBER. The FLICC Executive Director shall serve as a nonvoting member of the FEB.
Section 5. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. The FEB shall
- Formulate policies and present them to FLICC for review and approval,
- Participate in FLICC membership meetings,
- Establish FLICC Working Groups, as necessary,
- Recommend and present to the FLICC membership for approval program objectives, plans, and annual budgets for accomplishment of these objectives. This may include, but not be limited to, submissions from Standing Working Groups,
- Apprise the federal library community of issues related to FLICC programs, services, policies, or objectives; or of general interest to the community,
- Provide advice, policy guidance, and oversight to the FLICC Executive Director regarding FLICC programs and budgeting,
- Formulate policies for and, through the FAC, provide oversight to the operations of FEDLINK and approve new FEDLINK initiatives, and
- Settle disputes and interpret matters relating to FLICC membership, voting, etc.
Section 6. MEETINGS. The FEB shall hold meetings at least bi-monthly. A quorum of six (6) voting members shall be necessary to vote and conduct business.
Section 7. REMOVAL. FEB members who miss a total of 5 FEB or FLICC membership meetings in a 12 month period may be replaced for a lack of participation by a majority vote of the FEB.
Section 8. VACANCIES. Should a vacancy occur among the elected FEB members through resignation or removal, the candidate with the next highest number of votes in the most recent FEB election will fill the vacancy. Should a vacancy occur among the members appointed by the FEB Chair, the Chair shall appoint a replacement to complete the term of the vacancy.
Section 9. DUTIES OF THE CHAIR. The Chair of the FEB shall preside at all FLICC membership and FEB meetings and is responsible for calling regular and special meetings of FLICC and FEB for transaction of business in accordance with the Bylaws. The Chair shall appoint Working Group Chairs and members as required. The FEB Chair shall appoint a FEB member to act as either Chair or liaison to each Working Group.
Section 10. VICE-CHAIR. The Vice Chair of the FEB shall act in the absence of the Chair. At the first meeting of each calendar year, the chair of the FEB shall appoint a Vice-Chair upon nomination by the Board. The Vice-Chair will serve a term of one year or until a successor is appointed and takes office. The Vice-Chair shall be eligible for reappointment, limited to two consecutive terms. Should the office of Vice-Chair become vacant, a new one shall be immediately appointed from the remaining FEB members.
Last Updated: 11/13/2013