Human Resources Working Group
This group assists FEDLINK by developing positions and strategies to support professional personnel standards and recruitment initiatives. It promotes policies and actions that enhance the recognition and status of professional librarians in their evolving dynamic role for the 21st Century. The group interacts with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management and the U.S. Department of Labor to update standards, to identify and surface changing core competencies, and to identify, track, and evaluate new avenues for professional development.
- Looking for a Federal Information Position?
Helpful hints or USAJOBS for all current job postings. (Click here for specific 1410 openings and here for librarian/archivist openings.)
- See USAJOBS section on Federal Benefits
- Read FLICC's Handbook of Federal Librarianship for an inside look at working in a federal agency.
- Hiring an Information Specialist
Here's a brief checklist to help you get the process started.
FLICC Mentoring Program
- FEDLINK Mentoring Program Description - (1MB Word Document)
- Characteristics of a Good Mentor/Coach - (562KB PDF)
- Toolkit for Federal Librarian Mentors and Mentees - (81KB Word Document)
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management Best Practices Mentoring
OPM General Schedule Position Classification Standards
Occupational Outlook Handbook -- describes jobs, working conditions, training and education, and expected job prospects.
FEDLINK Telework Resource Site
On this site, FEDLINK Human Resources Working Group has developed a resource for telework policies, procedures and best practices that can be referred to by federal agencies as they implement or enhance their telework programs. Click here for more details.
Professional Development - Library Education
- Continuing education--
Visit GoLearn, OCLC or FEDLINK for more educational opportunities.
- Professional Associations
ALA- American Library Association
- SLA-Special Libraries Association
--Military Librarians Division
- MLA-Medical Library Association
--Federal Library Section
- AALL-American Association of Law Libraries
- Law Librarians' Society of D.C.
--Federal Law Librarians Special Interest Section
To join the working group please email email@example.com.
Last Updated: 09/22/2014