Facts on File
Facts on File has been serving libraries for over 70 years. We are pleased to offer two of our flagship products to Fedlink’s membership and offer both Transfer Payment and Direct Express options. For additional information, Please contact Ben Jacobs at Bjacobs@infobaselearning.com or call 212-896-4268
Films On Demand
Streaming Video On Demand for the --Access 24/7
Save yourself time—and your institution money—with the Films On Demand streaming video subscription collections. With unlimited access to thousands of videos and video clips, these complete, multi-subject video solutions are an exceptional value and offer convenient one-stop shopping for librarians, faculty, researchers and educators. Each full-length video has been segmented into predefined clips, making it easy to find specific pieces of content quickly. All videos provide a wide range of bit rates (200k–1.5mb) to ensure high quality viewing in variable bandwidth environments. Even at full-screen, the video quality is outstanding. Your subscription is kept fresh and continues growing, with approximately 800 new titles added each year, making Films On Demand an incredible value for any institution. Producer partners include Films for the Humanities & Sciences, ABC News, NBC News, PBS, BBC, National Geographic, The News Hour with Jim Lehrer, Bill Moyers, Shopware, The Open University, A&E, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Fred Friendly Seminars, Cambridge Educational, and many more. Programs from more than 700 producers are included in these comprehensive subscriptions—more than you'll find anywhere else.
World News Digest
Authoritative World News Coverage from 1940 Through Today Provides Information, Context, and Perspective
World News Digest brings seven decades of news from the renowned Facts On File World News Digest in print together with the most recent coverage and thousands of additional resources. This unique archival record of domestic and international news, unrivaled for its depth, breadth, and accuracy, covers all major political, social, and economic events since November 1940. World News Digest is updated twice weekly and includes a searchable hourly newsfeed. Its more than 1 million internal hyperlinks allow researchers to follow a story ahead in time and back in time, and lead to just the background information they need to understand its significance.
- Fast access to essentials: news from FDR's third election through today's headlines, searchable and browsable by decade, country, and issue
- Election information: background on the 2012 U.S. presidential and congressional races
- Facts and figures researchers can trust: accurate, objective, concise coverage of the most vital information—relied on by schools, libraries, government agencies, and news organizations
- Information in context: political, economic, and cultural stories, individually linked to handpicked primary sources, background essays, illustrations, and related articles
- "Need a Research Topic?": summaries of key topics linked to related articles to jump-start student research
- Curriculum Tools: customized materials for students and educators.
- "Ahead in Time" and "Back in Time" links for a complete chronological chain of events
- Timelines of top stories
- Key background information—primary source documents, profiles of newsmakers, countries, and issues
- Research features and in-depth coverage guides on high-interest topics
- Searchable newsfeed, updated hourly
- Newspaper editorials and editorial cartoons with discussion questions
- World Almanac® content and full Encyclopedia
- Citations display in MLA style, with APA guidelines.
LC BOA#: LC12C7014
Payment terms are transfer pay and direct express available.
Director, Licensing and Business Development
132 W 31st Street
New York, NY 10001
Last Updated: 04/25/2013