The World Bank eLibrary is the World Bank's subscription-based online collection of 6,000+ ebooks and publications on social and economic development including:
- flagship reports and formal publications (most dating as far back as the 1970s)
- All journal articles published since 1996 from two distinguished journals co-published with Oxford University Press, World Bank Economic Review and World Bank Research Observer
- World Bank policy research working papers published since 1995and
- Development Outreach Magazine
eLibrary saves valuable time, money, and resources by offering all published World Bank titles in one place – plus a number of useful and convenient research tools for researchers. Topics cover a wide range of areas related to developing countries and emerging economies including:
- Climate Change & Environment
- Conflict & Development
- Finance and Financial Sector Development
- Health, Nutrition & Population
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Infrastructure Economics
- Law & Development
- Macroeconomics & Economic Growth
- Poverty Reduction
- Private & Public Sector Development
- Rural Development
- Science and Technology Development
- Social Development
- Social Protections & Labor
- Trade & International Economics
- Urban Development
- Water Resources
- Water Supply & Sanitation
- World Bank history & policy
Publications and searches may be saved in individual user accounts* for long-term research projects. In addition, eLibrary offers a number of other useful tools and features for researchers and libraries including new content alerts and RSS feeds; one-click social media icons for sharing pages, abstracts, and search results; downloadable metadata and MARC records for easier indexing and cataloging; and COUNTER compliant usage statistics including usage by content type, including consortia reports.
eLibrary is available to institutions by subscription and access is via IP authentication. Pricing is based on the total number of authorized users across the organization (not based on the number of concurrent users). For further details or to set up a free trial, please contact the World Bank representative listed below.
FREE DATABASES AND ONLINE RESOURCE FROM THE WORLD BANK
Former subscribers of World Development Indicators Online (WDI), Global Development Finance Online (GDF), Africa Development Indicators Online (ADI) and Global Economic Monitor (GEM) may now access the databases free of charge at the World Bank’s new open data portal at data.worldbank.org, where they will find more than 60 other databases, datasets, and tables.
Other free World Bank online resources include:
For further details, please contact the World Bank representative listed below.
- Service ID: WB
- LC/FEDLINK BOA#: LC09D7042
- Transfer or Direct Payment Options
- Additional pricing terms: Direct Express and transfer pay accounts offered.
World Bank Office of the Publisher
1818 H Street, NW, MSN U11-1104
Washington, DC 20433
Last Updated: 04/25/2013