FEDLINK Advisory Council (FAC)
Article X. FEDLINK Advisory Council (FAC)
Section 1. COUNCIL. The FAC shall consist of nine members elected by the FEDLINK voting membership. These members shall serve staggered terms of three (3) years each, with three persons being elected each year. FAC members are eligible for reelection limited to two consecutive terms. Candidates for the FAC election must be federal employees and come from FEDLINK voting member institutions. Elections shall be conducted by mail and may provide alternative options for returning ballots.
Section 2. EX-OFFICIO MEMBERS. The FLICC Executive Director and the FEDLINK Network Coordinator shall serve as nonvoting members of the FAC.
Section 3. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. The FAC shall
- Provide advice, oversight, and assistance to the FLICC Executive Director concerning FEDLINK operations and services, in accordance with established FLICC policies,
- Apprise the membership of issues related to FEDLINK services, policies, or objectives, or other issues which are of general interest to the membership,
- Provide oversight, direction and assistance to FEDLINK OCLC Users Council Delegates concerning voting, issues, and like matters,
- Submit to the FEB for approval the projected annual budget, and initiatives for new FEDLINK services, programs, objectives, and plans,
- Settle disputes and interpret matters relating to FEDLINK membership, voting, and like matters, and
- Establish and instruct committees of the FAC.
Section 4. MEETINGS. The FAC shall hold meetings at least bi-monthly. A quorum of five (5) voting members shall be necessary to vote and conduct business.
Section 5. REMOVAL. FAC members who miss a total of four FAC meetings in a 12 month period may be replaced for lack of participation by a majority vote of the Council.
Section 6. VACANCIES. Should vacancies occur through resignation or removal, the candidate with the next highest number of votes in the most recent FAC election will fill the vacancy.
Article XI. FAC Officers
Section 1. ELECTIONS. At the first meeting of each calendar year, the FAC shall elect from among its members a Chair, Vice-Chair, and a Secretary. These officers shall take office at the close of the meeting at which they are elected and shall serve terms of one year or until their successors are elected and take office. Officers shall be eligible for reelection, limited to two consecutive terms. Should the office of the Chair become vacant, the Vice-Chair shall assume the office for the remainder of the term. Other offices may be filled for the balance of the term by FAC election.
Section 2. DUTIES.
- Chair. The Chair of the FAC shall preside at all FAC meetings and shall be responsible for calling regular and special meetings of the FAC for transaction of business in accordance with the Bylaws. The Chair of FAC shall also serve as a member of FEB.
- Vice-Chair. The Vice-Chair of the FAC shall preside in the absence of the Chair.
- Secretary. The Secretary of the FAC shall record the minutes of the proceedings of all meetings, and provide a copy of the approved minutes to the FLICC Executive Director for further distribution, as needed.
Last Updated: 03/06/2014