The World Bank, Office of the Publisher, offers subscriptions to five electronic resources: e-Library, World Development Indicators Online, Global Development Finance Online, Afica Development Indicators Online and Global Economic Monitor.
* e-Library is one of the most comprehensive collections in the area of social and economic development. It is an electronic portal to the World Bank's full-text collection of books, reports, and other documents. It brings together, in a fully indexed and cross-searchable database, and in PDF format, over 5,000 titles published by the World Bank since 2000, as well as every new title as it becomes available in print.
* World Development Indicators (WDI Online) is the premier data source on the global economy. WDI Online contains stastical data for over 850 indicators and time series data from 1960, covering for 200 countries and 18 regional country groups.
* Global Development Finance(GDF Online): Contains statistical data from 1970 for the 135 countries that report public and publicly- guaranteed debt to the World Bank Reporting System. The database covers 216 indicators such as external debt stocks and flows, major economic aggregates, and key debt ratios as well as average terms of new commitments, currency composition of long-term debt, debt restructuring and scheduled debt service projections.
* Africa Development Indicators (ADI Online) provides the most comprehensive collection of data on Africa available. The ADI contains data for over 1,000 statistical indicators and time series from 1965 for 53 countries. Data include social, economic, financial, natural resources, infrastructure, governance, partnership, and environmental indicators.
* Global Econmic monitor (GEM) features up-to-date analysis on global economic conditions, including a daily brief and event-driven focus reports, direct access to high-frequency datasets, commodity price indicators, quarterly and annual macroeconomic indicatorsand online publications of forecasts for commodity prices and main macroeconomic indicators for 130 countries.
Access to the World Bank online Resources is made through IP authentication and/or through a secured referral URL page.
Pricing is based on the total number of FTE (full-time equivalence, students and staff) for academic institutions and on the total number of data users across the organization for other types of institutions. Please keep in mind that none of the World Bank prices are based on the number of concurrent users.
For further details, please contact the World Bank representative listed below.
- Service ID: WB
- LC/FEDLINK BOA#: LC09D7042
- Transfer or Direct Payment Options
- Additional pricing terms: Direct Express and transfer pay accounts offered.
- Malika Khek
1818 H Street, NW, MSN U11-1104
Washington, DC 20433 USA
- [email protected]
Return to Top of this Document