FLICC Working Group
Mission | Initiatives | Membership | Minutes
The FLICC Personnel Working Group is an ad hoc working group organized to:Initiatives Top
- recommend actions, positions, and policy to FLICC on personnel issues affecting federal libraries;
- act as liaison to OPM on behalf of FLICC;
- uphold classification and qualification standards that accurately identify and describe the work needed and the competencies required for both professional and support staff in federal libraries and information centers;
- develop and recommend actions that enhance the security, recognition, and status of personnel working in the field of librarianship and information science;
- analyze information-related activities, identify trends, and develop position statements for FLICC that will help to define the role of federal librarians in the current and future information society;
- act as a liaison with professional organizations and related interest groups on personnel issues; and,
- recommend training needs for federal library and information center staff on personnel issues, including writing job descriptions and applying classification and qualification standards.
The working group is developing sample KSAs to help hiring officials specify appropriate quality ranking factors for vacancy announcements for federal librarian positions. These KSAs are intended as a guide and are not associated with specific grade levels nor are they intended to be used for the purpose of classifying 1410 positions.
The Working Group invites you to review these documents. Please email your comments, additions or questions to Kathy Eighmey, the FLICC staff liaison to the Personnel Working Group.
Library of Congress
Library of Congress Help Desk
Federal Library and
Information Center Committee