Maps The approaches from Washington, to Richmond /
Heald, D. A. (Daniel Addison)
Home Insurance Company
- The approaches from Washington, to Richmond /
- Contributor Names
- Heald, D. A. (Daniel Addison), 1818-1900.
- Home Insurance Company.
- Created / Published
- [New York : s.n., 1864?]
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia.--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps.--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - "Presented by the Home Insurance Compy. of New York."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Inset: The strategic points of east Tennessee, northern Alabama, and Georgia, from the U.S. official military map, 1864.
- - Map of eastern Virginia showing roads, railroads, towns, drainage, and some relief by hachures. Battlefields are identified by crossed swords.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 488
- - Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 934
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - c. 1-2, March 1945, Cora Wilson, c (both); Feb. 2003, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00103.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, Dec. 2002.
- - Copy 2 has signature: "John P Harvey, Agent" in lower right corner.
- - Digital image available: 19 x 24 3/4 in.
- - Map accession no. 191 (1945).
- - Previously filed as: 755.1 M6 1861-1865 1863?
- - Slight variation in blue tinting between copies.
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on paper ; 49 x 64 cm. on sheet 57 x 69 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.