Maps Birds eye view of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia the seat of war /
Middle Atlantic States
Middle Atlantic States
- Birds eye view of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia the seat of war /
- Other Title
- Seat of war
- Contributor Names
- Schedler, J.
- Created / Published
- New York : W. Schaus, c1861
- Subject Headings
- - Delaware--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Maryland--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Middle Atlantic States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - West Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - United States--Delaware
- - United States--Maryland
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Washington (D.C.)
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1861, by W. Schaus in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the U.S. for the Southern District of New York."
- - Insets: [Lower Mississippi Valley] -- [Richmond].
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Shows railroads, forts, cities, towns, and principal roads.
- - Similar to no. 17.3, LC Civil War maps (2d ed.).
- - This is a map, not a bird's-eye view.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Jan. 2002, Jenkins Rare Book Co., Austin, TX (1983), ALE.
- 1 map : col., mounted on paper ; 38 x 51 cm., on sheet 49 x 61 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- glva01 lva00031 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.ndlpcoop/glva01.lva00031
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.