Maps Part of Maryland : showing the positions of the armies at 6 a.m. September 16, 1862 /
Geo. W. Stadly & Co.
Ropes, John Codman
Antietam, Battle Of, Md.
- Part of Maryland : showing the positions of the armies at 6 a.m. September 16, 1862 /
- Contributor Names
- Geo. W. Stadly & Co.
- Ropes, John Codman, 1836-1899.
- Created / Published
- Boston : Geo. W. Stadly & Co., [1898?]
- Subject Headings
- - Antietam, Battle of, Md., 1862--Maps
- - United States--Maryland--Antietam
- - Annotated in red and blue to show Union and Confederate positions.
- - Map no. IX from: The story of the Civil War, vol. 2 / John C. Ropes. Boston, 1898.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Oct. 2002; Richmond Chapter, U.D.C. (1950), gift; Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War Map Proj. no.: LVA00072.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, July 2002.
- - Digital image available: 8 x 10.5 in.
- - Map accession no. 1347 (1950).
- - Previously filed as: 752 M6 1861-1865 1862.
- 1 map : col., mounted on paper ; 21 x 27 cm. on sheet 27 x 32 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.