Maps Battery no. 10 (near the new fair grounds) : total 14 85/100 acres.
Richmond Region (Va.)
- Battery no. 10 (near the new fair grounds) : total 14 85/100 acres.
- Contributor Names
- Jones, B. M.
- Created / Published
- [1861 or 1862].
- Subject Headings
- - Richmond Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond Region
- - Gives measurements and latitude and longitude of perimeters.
- - Map annoted with names of land owners: Mrs. Tally, Richard Reins and J.W. Yarborough.
- - One of a series of ten maps showing the plats of land appropriated for Batteries 1-10 around Richmond. Original maps are included in Personal Papers Collection, accession 26971, B.M. Jones Papers.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - c. 1, March 2003, source unknown; c. 2, March 2003, color ink jet print, LVA, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War Map Proj. no.: lva00118.
- - Copy 1 map accession no. 26791 (1968); Copy 2, map accession no. 5208j (on sheet approx. 34 x 42 cm.)
- - Digital image available: 15.75 x 12.25 in.
- - Original plats are restricted. Please use copies available in the Map Room (755.43 S8 1861).
- 1 map : ms., col. ; on sheet 32 x 41 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.