Maps [Map of Greenbrier, Summers, Raleigh, Mercer and Monroe Counties, West Va. and Bland, Giles and Craig Counties, Va. /
Loring, William Wing
- [Map of Greenbrier, Summers, Raleigh, Mercer and Monroe Counties, West Va. and Bland, Giles and Craig Counties, Va. /
- Contributor Names
- Loring, William Wing, 1818-1886.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - West Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--West Virginia
- - Covers the area between Raleigh Court House, Blue Sulphur Springs and Pearisburg, W. Va.
- - Drawn with colored ink and pencil on lined paper. Shows towns, roads, rivers and residences with some distances given.
- - Not drawn to scale.
- - One of a series of eight maps of southwestern Virginia and West Virginia. Originally in envelope with notations: "Maps of various kinds by residents of Western Virginia. Found among a few books &c which had belonged to Genl. Loring. This statement made by Mr. John Hart."
- - Oriented with north to the top.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Title and statement of responsiblity derived from Swem's Maps relating to Virginia.
- - Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 958
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Jan. 1912, J. Hart, exchange; May. 2003, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00134.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, May 2003.
- - Digital image available: 12 x 15.75 in.
- - Map accession no. 44 (1912)d.
- - Previously filed as: 754.M6 1861-1865 ca.1862 (6).
- 1 map : ms., col., mounted on paper ; 31 x 40 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.