Maps Post route map of the states of Virginia and West Virginia : showing post offices with the intermediate distances on mail routes in operation on the 1st of March, 1906 /
Cortelyou, George (George Bruce)
Daniel, Raleigh T. (Raleigh Travers)
United States. Post Office Dept
- Post route map of the states of Virginia and West Virginia : showing post offices with the intermediate distances on mail routes in operation on the 1st of March, 1906 /
- Contributor Names
- United States. Post Office Dept.
- Cortelyou, George B. (George Bruce), 1862-1940.
- Daniel, Raleigh T. (Raleigh Travers), 1805-1877.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.] : Postmaster General, 
- Subject Headings
- - Postal service--Virginia--Maps
- - Postal service--West Virginia--Maps
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - West Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--West Virginia
- - Annotated by Capt. Raleigh Travers Daniel, Office of the Secretary of Military Records of the Commonwealth of Virginia between 1909 and 1910. Prepared to accompany a manuscript guidebook to Virginia Civil War battlefields. Maps originally in Series III. Miscellaneous Records. Guide to Battlefields of Virginia and West Virginia, accession 27684.
- - Includes indexes of counties and explanation of mail service, railroads, mail routes, mail messenger, post offices, and offices discontinued.
- - Sites of battles are indicated by red circles; skirmished are indicated by a rubber stamp with crossed swords in a red circle.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 1943
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - April 1918, Va. Div. of Military Affairs, gift; Oct. 2003, Map Cataloging Team.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : col., mounted on paper ; sheets 121 x 88 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.