Maps A military map of a section of the country contiguous to Petersburg /
Brodnax, William H.
Prince George County
Petersburg Region (Va.)
Prince George County
Prince George County (Va.)
- A military map of a section of the country contiguous to Petersburg /
- Contributor Names
- Brodnax, William H.
- Pegram, John, 1832-1865.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Petersburg Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - Prince George County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Prince George County
- - United States--Virginia--Petersburg Region
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Includes a table of distances and an explantion of the colored lines and colored areas of the map.
- - Shows public highways, private carriage ways, woods, open fields, landing places, marshes, bogs and houses with names of residents.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 1138
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - c. 1 source unknown; c. 2 Dec. 1954, photocopy, LVA; c. 3 Feb. 1970, photocopy, LVA; March 2004, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00188.
- - Copy 1: Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, Jan. 2004.
- - copy 1: map accession no. 5252; copy 2 (negative photostat, LVA, Dec. 1954 on 4 sheets aprox. 46 x 66 cm); copy 3 map accession no. 2965 (1970), (negative photostat, incomplete, LVA, Feb. 1970 on 3 sheets aprox. 62 x 46 cm.)
- - Digital image available: 27 x 21 in.
- - Previously filed as: 755.61 1864 (1).
- 1 map : ms., col., mounted on paper ; 70 x 106 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.