Maps [Federal fortifications near Petersburg in the region of Fort Gregg].
Petersburg Region (Va.)
- [Federal fortifications near Petersburg in the region of Fort Gregg].
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fortification.--Virginia--Petersburg Region--Maps, Manuscript
- - Petersburg Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Petersburg Region
- - Anonymous pen and ink manuscript map drawn on tracing linen showing Civil War fortifications, roads, railroads, rivers and vegetation.
- - Drawn on a 1-inch grid.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Title from bibliography.
- - Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 1095
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - c. 1, source unknown, c. 2, photocopy, LVA; March 2004, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00192.
- - Copy 1: Conservation: restored 1968; Etherington Conservation Center, Jan. 2004.
- - Copy 1: map accession no. 5254; copy 2 (negative photostat, LVA, aprox. 40 x 49 cm.)
- - Digital image available: 15 x 18 in.
- - Previously filed as: 755.62 M6 1861-1865 1864 (1).
- 1 map : ms., col. on linen ; 38 x 46 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.