Maps Carte des positions occupeés par les trouppes Américaines apres leur retraite de Rhode Island le 30 Aout 1778 /
- Carte des positions occupeés par les trouppes Américaines apres leur retraite de Rhode Island le 30 Aout 1778 /
- Contributor Names
- Capitaine du Chesnoy, Michel, 1746-1804.
- Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier, marquis de, 1757-1834.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Rhode Island, Battle of, R.I., 1778--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Narragansett Bay Region (R.I.)--Defenses--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Rhode Island--Narragansett Bay Region
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Some place names in English.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower right.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Sectioned and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Includes descriptive index to defenses.
- - On label affixed to verso of backing: No. 132. Carte des positions occupeés par les trouppes Américaines le 30 Aoust 1778.
- - Gift; Mr. and Mrs. H.F. Lenfest; Jan. 2000
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 2000-52
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 32 x 51 cm.
- Call Number
- G3772.N3S3 1778 .C3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.